Tuesday, July 14, 2009

we're back, try two.

getting back into this is hard.

the new theme for this might be "things I want" and "theories" instead of "pizza." Maybe
"dreams," too. You've been warned.


Thing I want:

At least once every other week, I want to pick up some chinese take out on my way home from work, come home, put on pajamas and sit on the couch and read all night. nothing else. and not feel guilty about this.


Theory:

These might not be theories so much as "governing opinons." I observe a lot. I connect the dots, pull the strings together, and my opinion formed is my "theory" of the moment. I've got a lot of theories.

Tonight's theory is on getting lost. I don't get lost often. I generally have a sense of "how to get home from here" or "generally, I know where I am." I also feel like I often notice small details that others overlook. The giant spiderweb glinting in the sun between two tree branches. The chapstick, three legos, unopened tampon, two yeungling and one pbr cap in the dirt next to the sidewalk. The snake's tail barely poking out onto the trail. The turtle blending into the log as it suns itself. The wild strawberry. I see it all, even when I'm not looking. I think it's common sense, but that these two phenomena are related. I don't get lost because I'm always paying attention--even if I don't want to be. So no matter where I'm going I'm keeping track of each left and right turn, which way my shadown falls, and my mind is drawing a map, always.

No comments: