Thursday, January 21, 2010

On acceptance of feeling awful

No pizza here today. Let's face it, I have to take a break, otherwise I'll lose my figure (or something.)


I'm thinking a lot about how I've felt physically since Jack and I had the "big talk." The truth is, mentally, it comes in waves. We'd been in a long distance relationship for 3.5 years, so my daily life hasn't changed all that much. I have my moments where I'll "remember" all of the sudden, and I'll get pretty down, but then rebound. Mentally, I think I've been doing remarkably okay.

Physically? It's a different story, maybe. Perhaps I'm more stressed by this than I realize. I've been absolutely exhausted these past two weeks. I can't wind down at night, I wake up nightly at 3 or 4am, and then, come morning, rain or shine, I can't drag myself out of bed before 8am. It's really frustrating. I've also had back pain and leg cramps multiple times in the past 2 weeks. I feel like my body is manifesting something that I'm not consciously processing. I'd just like to be less tired here soon.

I've been trying to remedy it by drinking lots of water, going to the gym, stretching and doing yoga, etc, etc. Hopefully, something will start to help soon. Anyone have any other tips on physically de-stressing and sleeping better?

1 comment:

roysie said...

When I can't sleep I drink warm milk or chamomile tea. You probably already do this, but avoid caffeine in the evenings. Do something you really love and dish out compliments ... smiling releases endorphins!